This is Halloween




Our first big Halloween party was so much fun, but so much work as well. Mainly because I insisted of stripping the main rooms of all our ornaments and paintings (which we have a lot of) to replace with spooky decorations! 

Here is what we did/tried to do…

Vampire nampkin rings - I got a batch of cheap vampire teeth (15p each) from Tescos and used them as napkin rings around blood red paper napkins. 



Puking pumpkin dip - I love this and it was the easiest to make (I even cheated and used shop bought guacamole) I got a munchkin for my vomiting pumpkin, carved out the mouth and used a black Sharpie to create the eyes.


Halloween punch and lighting - I read somewhere about how lighting can really help with a spooky mood, so we changed all the lightbulbs to green ones. The punch was already green (a mix of white wine, green Sourz, Midori and lemonade) but the lighting really made the colour pop.

Buckets of blood - being an imperfect perfectionist I wanted to theme every room so I got this Halloween hand wash from Amazon, find it here.

Creative guests - we had a pumpkin carving contest which meant we had an amazing display (far better than anything I could design) and also provided a fun activity for everyone to get involved in.



Comments

Popular Posts