Pancake Party Gift


We're lucky to have friends who enjoy celebrating an occasion as much as we do, and so tonight we are off to a pancake party. I always think it's nice to bring a gift for the hosts, and if possible, making it a little something out of the ordinary as this lets me stretch my creative muscles.


So here it is, pancake mix in a jar. Now confession time, I didn't make the mix from scratch, I cheated and got a classic mix from a local store, I know naughty! But with Valentine's, tomorrow to prep for I'm running short on time and I really wanted to concentrate on the decoration of the jar ;)

To make this you will need

* Dry pancake mix, make or buy (Nigella has a great recipe found here)
* A jar with screw lid
* Ribbon
* Paper label
* Sequins and charms
* Superglue


1) Empty the mix into the clean and dry jar and screw the lid on tight. Wipe the outside with a clean dry tea towel to remove any excess mix that didn't make it into the jar.

2) Take your paper label and using a pen in the colour of your choice (I went for gold) carefully and clearly write out the instructions to make the pancakes with any extra ingredients required.

3) Decorate the label, I used gold sequins and I had a frying pan charm which I attached with superglue.

4) Use the ribbon to tie on to the label to the jar, I also added a thank you label.



VoilĂ ! I hope you have a wonderful and blessed Shrove Tuesday!

Comments

Popular Posts