A little book of British blessings

One of my loveliest friends became British today and so as the weather is miserable I set about making her card and present.


The card was super easy and made using bits I had in my craft book, red ribbon and silver sequins and then blue pen to create a crafty Union Jack. For the present, I wanted to make her something thoughtful but also in keeping with the theme of British. So I made her a little book of British blessings, each page is made from a label with a bit of cream card stuck on it with a blessing relating to the different area of the United Kingdom. Each page also has its own charm - a rose for England, a thistle for Scotland, a shamrock for Northern Ireland and a crown representing the principality of Wales. I then used a wine charm to secure it all together, below are some more pictures and the blessings I found and wrote out.

English blessing:
May your joys be as bright as the morning,
your years of happiness
as numerous as the stars in the heavens,
and your troubles but shadows
that fade in the sunlight of love.

Irish blessing:
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields.

Scottish blessing:
May you be healthy all your days.
May you be blessed with long life and peace,
May you grow old with goodness, and with riches.

Welsh blessing:
Wishing you a house full of sunshine,
A heart full of cheer,
Love that grows deeper each day of the year.



Comments

Popular Posts